Update Apache

Jordi Llorens jordillo2002 at yahoo.es
Tue Jul 13 07:47:43 UTC 2004

Hello,
I'm get a working environment, with RH8 : apache 2.0.40, php, and other related packages. I want to update my apache server, because this version is out of date , and has so many security flavours. My question is, how i update apache without the other packages are affected? I'm tried to run a rpm of the 2.0.47 version, and has failed due to missing dependencies (openssl, for example).  Are a rpm package that can i install that resolves the security problems of the 2.0.40? or only can update?
thanks,