Please Help!! - "Kernel Panic - Attempted to kill init!"

Ken Scott kens at geodax.com
Fri Jul 23 14:16:33 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 04:57, Steve Kasian wrote:

> Please, no complaints about my text not being exactly how you like to
> read it, etc...  this is childish and pointless.  I am only looking for
> with this error, and can give me an educated response as to how I can
> correct it.  No "iffy" suggestions please.  I have spent literally weeks
> going through hundreds of suggestions and had absolutely no luck with
> any of them getting me anywhere other than frustrated as all heck.
>
> Thanks...
>
> -Steve
Respectfully, if only those that have a large enough crystal ball to
recognize the EXACT solution to your apparently complex problem given
the various combinations of system configurations, BIOS settings, and
hardware versions that exist then probably no one will answer at all.
Instead the contributors to this list and others (as far as I can see)
try to add value to the community by giving the results of their
experiences and suggestions to possible directions to take were they
addressing your problem.  This process means that not all comments will
apply.  If this is not acceptable, you have alternatives (M$ tech
Support is oh so helpful).   And besides, a drowning man should not
reject a "too-small" life preserver now should he?

Good luck with your issue.