Email Filters

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Sat Mar 20 00:36:50 UTC 2004

Nate Golnik wrote:
> In case people haven't noticed, we moved the server last weekend to a new
> faster server.  While we were moving we also upgraded it a newer version
> of mailman which brought about many different changes.
>
> On that note, there is a "List-Id" header which is placed on all of the
> mailing lists hosted by Red Hat Inc.
> Example for redhat-install-list:
>
> There is also a "X-BeenThere" header which is placed on all of the mailing
> lists hosted by Red Hat Inc.
> Example for redhat-install-list:
>
> Finally there is a "X-Loop" header which is on most of the mailing lists
> hosted by Red Hat Inc.
> Example for redhat-install-list:
>
> All of these can be used for filtering on.  You probably will need to
> create a custom field to do this.
>
> Hope this helps

Thanks for the heads up, Nate.  Matt told me about it earlier but I'm
glad to see "official" notification.

It's nice to hear from you again.  We were wondering if you fell off the
planet or something.  :-)
-  Animal testing is futile.  They always get nervous and give the   -
-                             wrong answers                          -