Samba XP Domain question

Ken Scott kens at geodax.com
Tue Nov 23 20:07:42 UTC 2004

Hi all,
I am getting ready to set up a network which includes two XP PRO
workstations,a Linux server, and 2 XP Home workstations.  I know that XP
home cannot connect to a DOMAIN while XP Pro Can.  What I am not sure
about is where and how Samba/Linux fits into that picture.
1) Does Samba become the DOMAIN controller (I think yes)
2) Can the XP Home and PRO stations connect to SAMBA equivalently?
3) If answer to 2 is No,what must I do?
4) Lastly can Samba be part of a standard Windows workgroup?
The Samba stuff I have been looking at doesn't clearly differentiate
between connections to XP Home vs Pro systems (or possibly I have
Early-Onset Turkey-Induced Concentration Disorder).  :)
Thanks in advance for your help.
Ken Scott