red hat user interface urgent

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Sep 11 18:21:24 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 10:05 -0700, som sahi wrote:
> Hi I am using red hat linux 4 upgarde 2.
> Please let me know whether it is command based only or it has user
> interface also.
> And if it has user interface how to use it or find it
> My support team saying no user interface.it is command based only.

Your support team had better do some reading.  What they said is
patently false.  Read on...

> But I have installed websphere on the system(using commands)
> And Now I have to create a new project on that.and writing java codes
> etc etc etc

All Red Hat Enterprise systems come with full X window interfaces.  You
must install them when you set up the system, however, or add them later
via "up2date", "rpm" or "system-config-software".

-            The gene pool could use a little chlorine.              -