403 error

Johan Lithander johan.lithander at teligent.se
Mon Sep 18 18:47:20 UTC 2006

> I am getting the following error while trying getting a virtualHost up and
> running.
>
> Forbidden
>

> You don't have permission to access / on this server.
>
> Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an
> ErrorDocument to handle the request.
>
> My main server is running fine www.bioinformatics.iusb.edu but
> splice.bioinformatics.iusb.edu which is a virtual host gives the above
> error. Anyone familier with this one. Greatly appreciate your help.
>
> Thanks../Murli

Do You have SELinux enabled (getenforce) ?
If that's the case, verify that the content files (html) is set to the
correct "domain" (ls -Z). if not set the domain for the files using the
chcon command, i.e. chcon --reference=/var/www/html [content files].

Or simply turn SElinux off (IMO not recommended).

/J