boot problem

blann blann at gte.net
Tue Jan 19 04:04:37 UTC 2010

Dear Mr. McClure,
 Many thanks for the kind reply. Before confessing sins since, I put in the
rescue CD, and reply to
find linux was: 'you don't have any linux partitions'
 I confess that I tried to run a live disk ubuntu9.10, then did an install .
So partition magic 8.0 tells me that
my HD looks like:
 PARTITION  TYPE   SIZE  USED    UNUSED   STATUS     PRI/LOG
local[C]            NTSF    132GB                                  active
primary
Local disc[*]     linux ext3  103mb 0         0                  none
"
[*]                   extended     20gb   20gb   0                   "
"
Local disk[E]    ntfs            10gb     6.6    10gb             "
logical
disk[*]            linux ext3     9.5gb    9.5gb  0                  "
"
swapspace2[*] linux swap   470mb    0.0      470mb       "               '

Any suggestions as to what I might try?
If I try to do a linux fc6 re-install, might this work? Will reinstall find
the way to the linux partitions?
Thanks for any help on this-  Marshall
p.s.-the ubuntu was installed on the second ntfs partition which it created
from linux space-