RHEL Workstation

Grant Street grants at al.com.au
Thu Oct 20 04:57:36 UTC 2005

Hello

I am looking at RHEL workstation accross a number of PC's but I'm
concerned about the hardware support and maintenance of the distribution.

We have two hardware requirements Nvidia Quadro graphics cards for 3D
work and Wacom Intuos3 tablets. The problem is that to get these working
optimally you have to compile the drivers using kernel source.

What I was wondering is how other people handle this sort of situation,
repackage kernels, re-compile on each work station, etc? It also seems
wierd to have to do all this and pay for support..

Grant