[rhelv6-beta-list] question about yum

Gary Gatling gsgatlin at ncsu.edu
Thu Jul 1 18:00:59 UTC 2010

Hello,

I have installed a RHEL 6 beta 2 test system but yum doesn't seem to work.

On a RHEL 6 beta 1 system, I can run:

yum install gconf-editor

and I get the package installed from the rhel-beta repository.

In RHEL 6 beta 2, when I try the exact same command I get:

[root at vaporware ~]# yum install gconf-editor
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit, rhnplugin
This system is not registered with RHN.
RHN support will be disabled.
Setting up Install Process
No package gconf-editor available.
Error: Nothing to do

Why can't I install a package via yum in beta 2?

It looks like there is a /etc/yum.repos.d/rhel-beta.repo file.

Thanks for any ideas anyone has.

Gary Gatling      | ITECS Systems
ITECS, BOX 7901   | Operations and Systems Analyst
NCSU, Raleigh, NC | Email: gsgatlin at ncsu.edu
27695-7901        | Phone: (919) 513-4572 (5C Page Hall)