[rhelv6-beta-list] question about yum

Gary Gatling gsgatlin at ncsu.edu
Thu Jul 1 19:16:03 UTC 2010

Thank you. I tried changing enabled=0 to enabled=1 on line 5. I get this
error now: (eos is my own repo I made to hold rpms in)

I did a yum clean all before I ran this.

[root at vaporware ~]# yum install gconf-editor
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit, rhnplugin
This system is not registered with RHN.
RHN support will be disabled.
eos                                                      |  951 B
00:00
eos/primary                                              | 6.7 kB
00:00
eos
24/24
rhel-beta/metalink                                       |  14 kB
00:00
Could not parse metalink
https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=rhel-5.90Workstation-beta&arch=x86_64
error was
File /var/cache/yum/x86_64/5.90Workstation/rhel-beta/metalink.xml.tmp is
not XML
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
rhel-beta. Please verify its path and try again

Any ideas what is going on with that?

I'm just wanting to use yum because its easier than getting out the DVD
and using the rpm command.

Thanks,

Gary Gatling      | ITECS Systems
ITECS, BOX 7901   | Operations and Systems Analyst
NCSU, Raleigh, NC | Email: gsgatlin at ncsu.edu
27695-7901        | Phone: (919) 513-4572 (5C Page Hall)