[rhelv6-beta-list] question about yum

Justin Clift justin at salasaga.org
Thu Jul 1 19:37:37 UTC 2010

Hi Gary,

In a virtual machine here, it works if the .repo file is edited to
disable the "mirrorlist" keys, instead enabling the "baseurl" keys.

For example (hope this doesn't wrap around):

   [rhel-beta]
   name=Red Hat Enterprise Linux $releasever Beta - $basearch

baseurl=ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/rhel/beta/$releasever/$basearch/os/

#mirrorlist=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=rhel-$releasever-beta&arch=$basearch
   enabled=1
   gpgcheck=1
   gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-redhat-beta

Also, with the server x64_64 installation in a virtual machine here, the
network interface wasn't set to start automatically at boot.  After
changing the above entry in the .repo file, the network interface also
needed to be enable/configured. (just mentioning)

Hope that helps. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--