[rhelv6-list] RHEL6 Wireless problem

馬小布 jiannma at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 13:56:40 UTC 2011

Hi, guys:

I have a problem about the RHEL6 x64 wireless, please help me ...

When I restart the network setting, like this :
[root at genius ~]# /etc/init.d/network restart
Shutting down interface eth0:  Device state: 3 (disconnected)
                                                           [  OK  ]
Shutting down interface wlan0:  Error: Device 'wlan0'
(/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/1) disconnecting failed: This
device is not active
                                                           [FAILED]
Shutting down loopback interface:                          [  OK  ]
Bringing up loopback interface:                            [  OK  ]
Bringing up interface eth0:  Active connection state: activating
Active connection path: /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/3
state: activated
Connection activated
                                                           [  OK  ]
Bringing up interface wlan0:  RTNETLINK answers: File exists
                                                           [  OK

As you can see, the wireless does not start successfully.
I googled for a long time, but it did not been solved now.

By the way, the following message is my wirless device :
[root at genius ~]# lspci |grep Wire
06:00.0 Network controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR928X Wireless
Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01