[rhn-users] cannot change NIS user password as root

Raj Kumar rajkum2002 at rediffmail.com
Fri May 6 14:18:07 UTC 2005

Hi Clinton,

You have understood my problem correctly... I made the password for root account same on both NIS client and server... the problem still exists... moreover, command "passwd" doesn't prompt for root password to change other users's password and that's why I prefer to use passwd command instead of yppasswd which actually asks the root password and sends that in clear text... root can change the password of users' with yppasswd without any problems... Thanks for providing the information!

Cheers,
Raj