[rhn-users] Sis 300/305 Video Card is not recognized

elimachi at datacom.com.bo elimachi at datacom.com.bo
Tue Nov 8 20:44:03 UTC 2005

Hi:

I have a PC with a Sis 300/305 video card and a Proview monitor. I tried
to install RH9.0 into this box with the graphical mode but is not running
because those devices are unsupported by RH, so I completed my Linux
installation through text mode only.
Now I´d like to start the graphical environment but I can´t. I´m trying to
reconfigure X windows but I don´t know how to start.
I´m checking the XF86Config file but what parameters should I to adjust
here?

Could you help me with this issue, please?

Thank you.

Edu.