[rhn-users] http error

Rigoberto Corujo rcorujo at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 11 16:59:18 UTC 2006

Abhi,

Run the following command to see where "httpd" is
expecting the library to be.  In my case, it is
"/usr/lib".

# ldd /usr/sbin/httpd | grep libaprutil
        libaprutil-0.so.0 =>
/usr/lib/libaprutil-0.so.0 (0x0028b000)

Then make sure that the library exists in that
directory.

Also check "/etc/ld.so.conf" to see if "/usr/lib" is
specified as one of the search paths.  If not, you may
want to add it, then run "ldconfig" so that the
"/etc/ld.so.cache" file is updated.  However, it
typically should find it in "/usr/lib" without having
to modify "/etc/ld.so.conf".

Lastly, make sure that the version of the library
shown by "ldd" matches the one on your system.
Perhaps the httpd binary is incompatible with the
version of the library you have.

Rigoberto