[rhn-users] Telnet login customization

Michael Chien michaelc at ALLSTATEFLORAL.COM
Tue Jun 13 21:33:45 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I currently have winbind setup so that when login into the Linux server,
users authentications take place on Windows 2000 AD.  However, in order
for them to login, they have to type in their complete domain+username
login name.. (i.e. if the domain name is ABC and username is Michael,
then the user have to put in "abc+michael" as their login name.)

My question is, is there a way to customize either telnet or SSH login
process so that all users have to do is to enter "michael" and the
domain part (abc+) will automatically be added and authenticated?  If
possible, where do I go and how do I make such modificaitons.

This will eliminate the need for users to put in domain names at log on.

Thanks for your time

Michael