[rhos-list] Red Hat OpenStack Folsom on RHEV 6.4 with Subscription Manager - no Repositories?

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Fri Feb 22 15:51:02 UTC 2013

On 02/22/2013 07:45 AM, Lutz Lange wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> i did a # yum clean all and # yum repolist
>
> both with no help, the folsom repo is not available ...
>
> Cheers Lutz
>
> On 22/02/13 13:31, Steve Gordon wrote:

>>> 4011105903681551707 Active:                 True Quantity Used:
>>> 1 Service Level:          None Service Type:           None
>>> Starts:                 28/09/12 Ends:
>>> 28/09/13
>>>
>>> Subscription Name:      Red Hat OpenStack Tech Preview
>>> Provides:               Red Hat OpenStack Red Hat Enterprise
>>> Linux Server SKU:                    SER0406 Contract:
>>> 10116941 Account:                1495773 Serial Number:
>>> 3278350936972371219 Active:                 True Quantity Used:
>>> 1 Service Level:          None Service Type:           None
>>> Starts:                 21/02/13 Ends:
>>> 22/05/13
>>>
>>> But i can't access any OpenStack repositories :* *
>>>
>>> *[root at hv01 ~]# yum-config-manager | grep '^name ='* name = Red
>>> Hat CloudForms Tools for RHEL 6 (RPMs) name = Red Hat
>>> Enterprise Virtualization Agents for RHEL 6 Server (RPMs) name
>>> = Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Server (RPMs) name = Red Hat
>>> Enterprise Linux High Availability (for RHEL 6 Server) (RPMs)
>>> name = Red Hat Enterprise Linux Load Balancer (for RHEL 6
>>> Server) (RPMs) name = Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient
>>> Storage (for RHEL 6 Server) (RPMs)
>>>
>>> What did i miss?
>>>
>>> Cheers & Tx Lutz
>> Hi Lutz,
>>
>> Have you tried running a 'yum repolist' since adding the
>> subscriptions using subscription manager?

Did you follow the instructions here, to enable the repos?  Note, they
are disabled by default:

https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_OpenStack_Preview/2/html/Getting_Started_Guide/ch02.html

Specifically look for the lines:

> yum-config-manager --enable rhel-server-ost-6-folsom-rpms
> --setopt="rhel-server-ost-6-folsom-rpms.priority=1"

If you ran this command and still don't see the repos via yum
repolist, then can you provide a copy of your
/etc/yum.repos.d/redhat.repo file?

Perry