Re: [scl.org] [CentOS-devel] CentOS SCLo SIG sync-up meeting (2016-05-17)

On 05/17/2016 02:57 PM, Remi Collet wrote:

Also, adding some of the packages
available in php5x-more to the official php scls, like the mcrypt and
imap modules for example?

I have started adding some in centos-sclo-sclo repository

See:
http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/centos/7/sclo/x86_64/sclo/sclo-php56/

I was mostly waiting for user feedback before adding more.

BTW

- mcrypt => missing libmcrypt which is not in RHEL/CentOS for very good
reason.

See: http://blog.remirepo.net/post/2015/07/07/About-libmcrypt-and-php-mcrypt

I think all serious project have dropped dep. on this extension (and
often only keep it as a fallback when openssl not availalble)

- imap => missing libc-client

So all is about, what should we do for dependencies not in base
repository (but in EPEL).

From my PoV it would be fine to use EPEL deps for packages in SCLo (especially those that do not have a counterpart in RHSCL), but I'm almost sure kbsingh and bstinson will be against -- am I right? Is it a rule to use only packages built in CBS as deps>