Re: [scl.org] Is Software Collections abandoned?

Hi all,
currently, I'm not aware of any collections planned for CentOS 8;
modularity/AppStream is the prefferred way forward.

Since RedHat does not support collections on RHEL 8, it would take a community
effort to update and maintain the scaffolding in CentOS 8. Given that
these days I think I'm the only semi-active member of the SCLo SIG,
I would not hold my breath.

Of course, If you are willing to try and put in the work,
try joining the SIG [1] and start figuring out what exactly is needed.

[1]: https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/SCLo
--
Jan Staněk
Software Engineer, Red Hat