[Spacewalk-list] Generating Entitlements for Proxy?

Brian Kosick bkosick at mxlogic.com
Tue Dec 30 22:24:51 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I've just setup a spacewalk server and have been playing around very
happily so far.   I've come to the point where I'm trying to install a
proxy Spacewalk Server on a different network to reduce traffic across
the WAN, alas I keep getting an entitlement problem.

/usr/bin/rhn-proxy-activate --server=myspacewalk.server.com
--ca-cert=/usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT --version=0.3

--server (RHN parent):  myspacewalk.server.com
--http-proxy:
--http-proxy-username:
--http-proxy-password:
--ca-cert:              /usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT
--no-ssl:               false
--version:              0.3

Are you sure about these options? y/n: y
API version: 0.3

There was a problem activating the RHN Proxy entitlement:
ERROR: upon entitlement/activation attempt: ERROR: connection issues?
<ProtocolError for myspacewalk.server.com /rpc/api: 500 Internal Server
Error>

After a little research, I came across this thread
http://www.mail-archive.com/spacewalk-list@redhat.com/msg00147.html
mentioning I need a special Proxy Channel, how can I generate one for
use in a Spacewalk->Spacewalk Proxy?

Brian