[Spacewalk-list] REPOSYNC and RHNUPDATE..

Albert Bryndza abryndza at feedroom.com
Thu Aug 6 16:37:49 UTC 2009

I have a base CentOS 5.2 x64 channel in Spacewalk.  After kickstarting boxes, it shows 0 updates available - which makes total sense.  When I try a yum update on a client, without disabling external sources, I show 188 packages available.  When I disable external sources and complete all of the reposync and rhnupdates of my Spacewalk channel and try yum update again (on the same client), it shows only 8 packages.  Any ideas?

Yet - the channel itself, in Spacewalk, now shows approximately 180 (or so) more packages - 3463 to be precise.

AB