[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk .5 & CentOS -- Can't get past web login screen

Greg Fuller gregory.fuller at oswego.edu
Thu Aug 6 21:18:05 UTC 2009

I've been struggling with this for the past 4 days.  I have a clean
CentOS 5.3 x86 base install with everything updated doing a "yum
update".  I've been following the instructions at
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/PackageManagement/Spacewalk on how to
install Spacewalk.  I have no issues getting Oracle installed or the
actual installation portion of Spacewalk.  Everything goes along without
any hiccups....until I get to the point where I create the inital
satellite administrator account through the web interface.

When I visit https://<spacewalk-FQDN> it prompts me to create the
initial administrator account.  I enter in a username of "admin" and a
password, my name and email address.  It looks like it creates the
account when I submit it, and then says that I should "finish additional
configuring by clicking here" in a blue box under the spacewalk toolbar.
Directly under that is the login box again saying:

"Please Sign In To access purchasing, account or profile information, or
to continue an expired session, please sign in below."

If I click on "by clicking here" it takes me back to the login page.  I
try logging in with the "admin" account I created, no go -- says invalid
username password.

I just can't seem to login to the system at all.  I'm 100% sure I'm
typing in the correct username/password.  I even tried resetting the
password by going to About -> Lookup Login/Password and sending a new
password to the email address of the "admin" account that was created.
It sends me the new password, but the new password doesn't work with the
"admin" username either!

What gives?  I've rebooted after installing Oracle and Spacewalk.  I've
tried formatting/reinstalling the whole OS from scratch about 6 times
and I still get stuck at the same login problem.  I did have this
working on another VM for testing purposes -- but now I'm building the
production box and can't get it to work.

Any ideas from anyone out there?

--greg

Gregory A. Fuller - CCNA
Network Manager