[Spacewalk-list] 404 error

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu Feb 5 14:03:29 UTC 2009

Steve Vargo wrote:
> I turned off the firewall on the client that is attempting to register.
> I was running a tail -f on the the /var/log/httpd/access_log and nothing

Rather /var/log/ssl_access_log

> is in the file or got written to the file when I attempted to register.
> One thing I did notice is there is no XMLRPC file the the apace root
> directory. Whe I do a find for the file here is what it returns.

It is apache handler defined in
/etc/rhn/satellite-httpd/conf/rhn/xmlrpc.conf. No such file exist.

> Any other suggestions? I am going to attempt to regiser a fedora 9 box
> and see if this is a redhat spacific problem.

It may be related to python 2.5. I just got report from Lukas Durfina
who is working on DEB support that he was unable to run rhn-client-tools
with python 2.5, but with python 2.4 he has been sucessfull.

Q: Does somebody with python 2.5 managed to register to Spacewalk?

--
Miroslav Suchy
RHN Satellite Engineering, Red Hat