[Spacewalk-list] Disabling spacewalk's url redirection

Jesus M. Rodriguez jmrodri at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 18:31:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 2:12 PM, Luis Garcia<luis.garciavega at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I'm not up to speed on apache configs, so before I spend time
> examining viscera of /etc/httpd/  for divine direction,  I'll ask if
> anyone on the list knows how to change the url redirection in
> spacewalk.
>
> Right now, any request to http://myserver sends me to
> https://myserver/rhn/Login.do
> I was expecting my index.html file. Even http://myserver/index.html
> sends me to https://myserver/rhn/Login.do

Yes, that is spacewalk looking to see if you are authenticated. It
realizes you are not, and sends you to the login page. Once you've
authenticated it will redirect to the original url you passed in.

> Is it possible to configure apache and spacewalk so that spacewalk
> lives on it's own to subdirectory?
> Something that would look like this:
>
> https:// myserver/spacewalk
>
> And would doing that allow requests to http://myserver to return with
> the index.html file?

In theory, yes, it would allow index.html to work again, but it will break
spacewalk. :(

> What about errors?  Right now, any request to missing pages on
> myserver send the user to spacewalk's 404 page.

again that is because spacewalk is handling all of the requests on your
server.

> Has anyone tried this before? Or will it break something within spacewalk?

Right now, it will break spacewalk. We assume that we own the root. We realize
this is a problem for a number of folks and want to fix it.

We made a first step by switching the configs to /etc/httpd/conf.d instead of
modifying the httpd.conf of the machine. But there is still some work needed
there (some configuration and some code modifications).

jesus
spacewalk developer