[Spacewalk-list] 0.7 upgrade to nightly

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 12:35:55 UTC 2010

> Hi Bruce,
>
> if your deployment consists of hundereds or thousands servers and use
> config channels then it's impossible to start over and over. And then you
> have to upgrade.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Michael Mráka
> Satellite Engineering, Red Hat

With 35 machines currently in my spacewalk install and an estimated 60
yet to come and all configuration managed centrally by spacewalk along
with local replicas of various yum repos in channels it would, quite
frankly, be infeasible to do a fresh install per spacewalk release.
When 0.8 is released a clean (ish) upgrade will be essential - for me
at least.

James