[Spacewalk-list] 0.7 upgrade to nightly

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Feb 3 13:00:59 UTC 2010

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010, James Hogarth wrote:

> With 35 machines currently in my spacewalk install and an estimated 60
> yet to come and all configuration managed centrally by spacewalk along
> with local replicas of various yum repos in channels it would, quite
> frankly, be infeasible to do a fresh install per spacewalk release.
> When 0.8 is released a clean (ish) upgrade will be essential - for me
> at least.

If you could do a perfect sync between satellites then you could get by
without I guess.  There'd need to be a nice way to reregister systems keeping
all their subscriptions between sats.  How far off that are we?

I'd previous done a backup, restore, upgrade, DNS twiddle.  That way I didn't
lose the previous spacewalk until the upgraded version was tested as working.

jh