[Spacewalk-list] using satellite-sync on spacewalk

Kobus Bensch kobus.bensch at lovefilm.com
Tue Apr 19 15:50:47 UTC 2011

You cant connect to the RHN network. You will need RHN Satellite to do that.

On 19/04/11 16:16, Assaf Flatto wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am trying to use a spacewalk server ( 1.4 RC with postgresql DB on RHEL 6)  to sync with my RHN account and become a satellite node that i can connect my clients .
> when i try to use the satellite sync it fails to connect ?
>
> where can i configure it to connect to the rhn network , and sync ?
>
> Also is this a proper way to use spacewalk ?
>
> I need a server to be the main configuration managment server fo all the rh servers and be able to help me run the in house script deployment and execution ?
>
> Thanks
>

> [root at foo ~]# satellite-sync -p
> CA_CHAIN             = /usr/share/rhn/RHNS-CA-CERT
> DEFAULT_DB           = spaceuser/spacepw at dbname=spaceschema
> HTTP_PROXY           = foo.example.com
> HTTP_PROXY_PASSWORD  = example
> HTTP_PROXY_USERNAME  = PAPA
> ISS_CA_CHAIN         = /usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT
> ISS_PARENT           =
> RHN_PARENT           =
> TRACEBACK_MAIL       = spacewalk at example.com
> <snip>
> jabber_server        = foo.example.com
> <snip>
>

> satellite-sync -l
> 15:12:25 Red Hat Network Satellite - live synchronization
> 15:12:25    url: https://
> 15:12:25    debug/output level: 1
> 15:12:25
> 15:12:25
> ERROR: there was a problem synchronizing the information.
>         Error message:

*Kobus Bensch*
Linux Administrator
kobus.bensch at lovefilm.com

No.9 | 6 Portal Way | London | W3 6RU |
T: +44 (0)20 8896 8014 | F: +44 (0)20 8896 8111
<http://www.lovefilm.com>

LOVEFiLM UK Limited is a company registered in England and Wales.
Registered Number: 06528297.
Registered Office: No.9, 6 Portal Way, London W3 6RU, United Kingdom.

This e-mail is confidential to the ordinary user of the e-mail address to which it was addressed. If you have received it in error,
please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately.

This email message has been delivered safely and archived online by Mimecast.
For more information please visit http://www.mimecast.co.uk