[Spacewalk-list] using satellite-sync on spacewalk

Assaf Flatto assaf.flatto at goldmoney.com
Tue Apr 19 15:16:52 UTC 2011

Hello

I am trying to use a spacewalk server ( 1.4 RC with postgresql DB on RHEL 6)  to sync with my RHN account and become a satellite node that i can connect my clients .
when i try to use the satellite sync it fails to connect ?

where can i configure it to connect to the rhn network , and sync ?

Also is this a proper way to use spacewalk ?

I need a server to be the main configuration managment server fo all the rh servers and be able to help me run the in house script deployment and execution ?

Thanks

[root at foo ~]# satellite-sync -p
CA_CHAIN             = /usr/share/rhn/RHNS-CA-CERT
DEFAULT_DB           = spaceuser/spacepw at dbname=spaceschema
HTTP_PROXY           = foo.example.com
HTTP_PROXY_PASSWORD  = example
HTTP_PROXY_USERNAME  = PAPA
ISS_CA_CHAIN         = /usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT
ISS_PARENT           =
RHN_PARENT           =
TRACEBACK_MAIL       = spacewalk at example.com
<snip>
jabber_server        = foo.example.com
<snip>

satellite-sync -l
15:12:25 Red Hat Network Satellite - live synchronization
15:12:25    url: https://
15:12:25    debug/output level: 1
15:12:25
15:12:25
ERROR: there was a problem synchronizing the information.
       Error message: