[Spacewalk-list] Fwd: Need help on Integrating Spacewalk with SUSE SMT

Prince Varghese princev6 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 15:34:36 UTC 2013

Greetings!

Myself Prince, I did setup a Spacewalk server in our infrastructure and had
been able to create channels for Centos and few custom channels, which by
the way works as expected.

However, we have a SUSE SMT - for SLES packages (centalised package
manager) server in our environment and would want to know the possibilities
of having this existing Spacewalk server to sync packages from the SMT
Server and to patch the client machines.

I got the following error while the Spacewalk server try to sync packages
from SUSE SMT:

"ERROR: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
suse.repo. Please verify its path and try again"

Also,
https://aecdallin.cloudcore.local/repo/%24RCE/SLES11-SP2-Updates/sle-11-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno -1] Error importing repomd.xml for client: Damaged repomd.xml file

I have tried many work around found on the internet, but the issue still
persists.

Could you please suggest me as how I could have Spacewalk server to be able
to sync packages from SUSE SMT server.

Please let me know if you require more information.

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Prince
email:princev6 at gmail.com