[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk usage for patch management

Alexander Dacre alex.dacre at aridhia.com
Tue Aug 5 13:57:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

You should look into configuring separate channels for each environment you have.

Once defined, you can then merge content from dev to test, then test to production etc. via the web interface. Alternatively, you can use the API (channel.software.mergePackages) to merge all content or the spacewalk-clone-by-date to only merge errata.

This is what I’m implementing at the moment, with some custom supporting tools written in Go using Kolo’s XMLRPC library.

Thanks,
Alex