[Spacewalk-list] problems with osad

Silvio Moioli smoioli at suse.com
Wed Aug 19 07:06:21 UTC 2015

On 18/08/2015 20:10, Daryl Rose wrote:
>   I finally found a posting online that stopped the jabber and osa-dispatcher, remove the jabber db files and restart jabber, followed by osa-dispatcher.  Dispatcher finally started, and stayed running.

[...]

> After two hours, the updates had not been picked up.

Make sure all jabberd processes are up and running, and they can be contacted on the appropriate port (you could use nmap to check that). It could be an issue that I fixed in Jabberd some time ago:

https://github.com/jabberd2/jabberd2/pull/99

but that would be healed by another deletion of the jabberd database as well.

I thus suspect networking problems here, and would go analyzing traffic with Wireshark as explained in a previous message.

Hth,
--
Silvio Moioli
SUSE Manager Development Team