[Spacewalk-list] API requests overloading Tomcat???

Matthew Madey mattmadey at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 18:02:20 UTC 2015

Thanks for the information. I had set my maxThreads and maxClients to 1024,
but still see the issue. When we're at peak load, I gathered the number of
active http and ajp connections:

HTTP connections is 2564 (netstat -tunlap | grep httpd | wc -l)
AJP Connections: 775 (netstat -tunlap | grep 8009 | wc -l)

Is it possible I have my settings set too high? I need to be able to serve
requests for 1600+ clients more or less simultaneously. I know AJP
connection can have a backlog, which I had set to 512 when previously
tinkering with the settings. Ideally I'd like to be able to process a
reasonable amount of requests without suffering huge performance hits, and
backlog the rest.