[Spacewalk-list] API requests overloading Tomcat???

Silvio Moioli smoioli at suse.com
Fri Aug 28 09:35:05 UTC 2015

On 27/08/2015 20:02, Matthew Madey wrote:
> Is it possible I have my settings set too high? I need to be able to serve requests for 1600+ clients more or less simultaneously.

I have no idea of the hardware you are running on, but this sounds like way too much for me. In my experience servers do not benefit from handling more than 100 requests at the same time because you hit CPU/memory/IO/network bottlenecks, but depending on what XMLPRC APIs you are using YMMV.

I would suggest starting with a much lower value like 100 and see how long it takes to finish the whole batch, then tweaking the number and observing if there is any improvement.

It would be super good if you also took the time to share your results here by the way! :-)

Hth,
--
Silvio Moioli
SUSE Manager Development Team