[Spacewalk-list] how to use 'file preservation'?

Yuriy Demchenko demchenko.ya at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 13:17:09 UTC 2015

Hi,

I wonder how to use 'file preservation' function during kickstart? I
need to re-provision several systems via kickstart, preserving several
config files.
I've created file preservation list in 'system->kickstart->file
preservation', then checked this list in kickstart profile
'<profilename> ->system details->file preservation', clicked 'update
kickstart'
however, I cant see any changes to the raw kickstart file
and when I do re-provision with that kickstart (either via 'provision'
tab in SW, or just pxe-booting with selected profile) required configs
are not preserved.
What am I missing?
I'm using spacewalk-2.2

--