[Spacewalk-list] ? Failures Cloning Channels with spacewalk-manage-channel-lifecycle

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Thu Jan 28 23:11:33 UTC 2016

Hey,

> On 29 Jan 2016, at 9:56 AM, Boyd, Robert <Robert.Boyd at peoplefluent.com> wrote:
>
> I have tried poking at log files, but I haven’t found where there seems to be an indication of a problem.   Can someone point me to a prioritized list of logs I should be looking at to find the nature of what’s dying on the back end?  I suspect there is a java resource failure or some other error and would like to track it down and fix it rather than resort to manual/scripted channel by channel cloning( which might fail in the same way).

You may want to increase the memory available to Tomcat and Taskomatic:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37670_01/E58680/html/sw22-issues-memory.html

This feels like a Tomcat issue to me, the logs are in /var/log/tomcat6 on the Spacewalk server. The Taskomatic logs are in /var/log/rhn/rhn_taskomatic_daemon.log

Cheers,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496