[Spacewalk-list] Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: epel_sci_6. Please verify its path and try again

Matt Moldvan matt at moldvan.com
Thu Mar 31 01:04:54 UTC 2016

I had a similar issue for systems that had old versions of nss, they
couldn't deal with an HTTPS repo for some reason.  Is your
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date pointing to https://something by chance?  If so
try changing it to http, updating yum and nss fully, then changing it back
to https.

One liner:  sudo sed -i 's/serverURL=https:/serverURL=http:/g'
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date; sudo yum update yum* nss* ; sudo sed -i
's/serverURL=http:/serverURL=https:/g' /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date