[Spacewalk-list] Building Spacewalk With a DNS Alias for Failover

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Fri Feb 17 20:24:48 UTC 2017

Hi,

> On 18 Feb 2017, at 7:02 am, ericb at enrsystems.com wrote:
>
> How can I run this with dual hostnames, and have Spacewalk use the the Alias,
> especially for cert creation, etc.

Off the top of my head, the simplest way would be to manually change the certificates[1] post-install to use a wildcard certificate[2] for the entire domain. That way, you wouldn’t get any SSL issues as *.network.com <http://network.com/> would be covered by the single certificate.

You’d also need to use the same certificate and key on both the primaryhost and failoverhost so that your clients don’t notice when/if they shift from one to the other.

Cheers,
Avi

[1] http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E52668_01/E71077/html/swk22-replace-cert.html <http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E52668_01/E71077/html/swk22-replace-cert.html>
[2] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1822268/how-do-i-create-my-own-wildcard-certificate-on-linux <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1822268/how-do-i-create-my-own-wildcard-certificate-on-linux>
--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496