[Spacewalk-list] SpaceWalk 2.8 Install Error

philippe bidault philippe.bidault at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 13:47:19 UTC 2018

Hi,

Not sure if this is relevant, but on the Spacewalk 2.8 installation
instructions, there are references about Oracle 10g and 11g, but nothing
about Oracle 12 :

https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall28

In order to get Spacewalk to run with Oracle database backend, you need:

   - Instant Client 11.2.0.4.0 installed on the Spacewalk machine
   - Oracle database server, either on the Spacewalk machine or on another
   host; versions 10g and 11g are known to work

Regards,
Phlilippe.