[Spacewalk-list] Errata files

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Thu May 31 21:19:00 UTC 2018

Hi,

> On 1 Jun 2018, at 12:43 am, jin&hitman&Barracuda <jinhitman at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I just got a spacewalk server that runs Oracle Spacewalk ver. 2.4. It looks like the "Errata" pages on UI not listing all erratas. But when I use UI to check "Channels", I can see "Erratas" related that channel and they look sync with repos on internet. I am a newbie for Spacewalk. While trying to sync channels on cli, I use "spacewalk-repo-sync -c <repoName>" and command reports "success" after a while. Looks ok but every time it reports "repo uln://xyz  has 1313 errata" and the reported errata count never decrease.

You don't really explain how you know that the Errata page isn't showing all the errata, but by default it only shows you errata that are applicable to the systems subscribed to Spacewalk. So, if none of your systems have a particular RPM installed, errata for that RPM will not be displayed. This could explain why you're only seeing a subset of the errata that may be available.

If you click Errata -> "All" (on the left hand menu), then you'll see all errata imported into Spacewalk itself.

Also, errata get superseded, so while the sync will never reduce the number of errata, it may not match the ones actually imported by Spacewalk. Finally, if you exclude packages or channels, some errata may not be imported due to the fact that the RPMs required to resolve the errata are not synced into Spacewalk.

> I'm following Red Hat's documents (Satellite 5.X) for Spacewalk and have no clue yet. Does anybody have any idea where I can start the troubleshoot steps ?

We have extensive documentation here: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E92593_01/index.html <https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E92593_01/index.html>

Also, if you have an Oracle Linux support subscription, you can open an SR with Oracle because Spacewalk is included under your support agreement.

Thanks,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496