[Spacewalk-list] Oracle 12/ 18 Database Support

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Thu May 2 19:52:28 UTC 2019

Hey Richard,

> On 2 May 2019, at 7:01 pm, Richard <r1ch11 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> My DBA tells me we are running in Oracle 11.2.0 compatibility mode (Database Upgrade Guide).  Is there any reason we should not move to Oracle 18.6.0 compatibility ?

None that I can think of.

Our plan is to complete testing of Spacewalk 2.9 with the latest Oracle Instant Client 18c (which is available from yum.oracle.com with no click-through license any more[1]) and then push the spec file changes to shift to this client upstream. The updated Instant Client will work with all DB versions from 11gR2 all the way up to 19c.

However, I don’t have an ETA on the completion of this testing yet. Our suite has to run across three database versions with the server on two major versions of the distro and two architectures for one of those versions, so it can take weeks to complete. :)

Thanks,
Avi

[1] http://yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL7/oracle/instantclient/x86_64/index.html

--
Avi Miller | Senior Manager | +61 (03) 8616-3496
Oracle Linux and VM Product Management