[vfio-users] Stuttering

Okky Hendriansyah okky at nostratech.com
Wed Nov 18 01:44:17 UTC 2015

On November 17, 2015 at 21:38:36, Rick Wuijster (wuijster.rick at gmail.com) wrote:
Hi,
I just got a little question,
I'm running my vm and host on a somewhat older hdd, and when I look in the vm's task manager the disk load is red and it's constantly around 98% load?
Can this perform the stuttering in video and audio?
When i go to an website for example youtube, the cpu load shoots to 80%
And sometimes the webbrowser or other applications just stop working?
My cpu is a i5-4460, so that should not have any problems
Has this something to do with MSI, the HDD, or what?
Kind regards
Rick
Hi Rick,

Have you tried Alex’s suggestion on enabling MSI on the GPU? [1] Other source that I use to enable MSI, which is also based on Alex’s article, is Erik’s post [2]. If both didn’t resolve your issue, please post your complete setup and configuration (QEMU script, modprobe config, kernel command line, etc.) here.

[1] http://vfio.blogspot.com/2014/09/vfio-interrupts-and-how-to-coax-windows.html

[2] https://virtualkvm.com/viewtopic.php?id=11

--
Okky Hendriansyah