[vfio-users] Sdl Problem (WAS Re: Stuttering)

Okky Hendriansyah okky at nostratech.com
Mon Nov 23 00:25:05 UTC 2015

On November 20, 2015 at 23:52:05, Rick Wuijster (wuijster.rick at gmail.com) wrote:
I tried installing Qemu, OVMF and KVM in arch Base, so no gui. However, if i try to start the vm. i'm getting the error:
"could not initialize sdl(no available video device) - exiting"
Any Ideas on how to fix it?
Regards

Hello Alex, Okky and all other guys,
It finally works, the MSI solution was the right thing to do :D.
I'm going to try if gaming will work too now this midday.
I used the second link, because it was a bit more noob-friendly i.m.o. haha.
Thank you guys so much for all your help and support!
Without you I would not have made it running!
You will hear from me soon!
Best Regards
Rick

Hi Rick,

Can you share your QEMU command line that you use? I think by default if QEMU is using default display if you’re not disabling it (like VirtualBox opens up a single window for the guest console). You need to use something like "-display none -vga none" to disable the default QEMU display. Hope it helps.

Best regards,
--
Okky Hendriansyah