[vfio-users] 750 Ti passthrough works for Linux not Windows?

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 16:43:29 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 9:35 AM, Simon Ye <sye737 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I followed the instructions in that blog post, which means no hyperv and
> hypervclock tags (they were not there to begin with), as well as adding kvm
> tags.
>
> Is there any other helpful info I could provide in lieu of trying kernel
> 4.3? I don't get any Windows output whatsoever unless run without
> passthrough.

The XML for the VM would be a good start.  Any errors in dmesg when the VM
starts?  Watch the VM CPU load in virt-manager when the VM boots, you can
generally get an idea if it's hung or just booting without the display from
that.  Watch your disk LEDs, do you see accesses like the VM is booting?
If it looks like it's booting, install a VNC server and connect to it from
the host and poke around in device manager to see if it sees the GPU at
all.  If it's not booting, it could be an issue with the GPU ROM.  Thanks,

Alex