[vfio-users] BSOD occuring with 1 game in VM

Abdulla Bubshait darkstego at gmail.com
Tue May 10 22:40:44 UTC 2016

I have a pretty stable VFIO setup running for a while, but I am stuck with
this
odd problem where 1 game (heroes of the storm) keeps giving me a BSOD
whenever I try to run it in the VM under Windows 10.

 All other games are running fine. If I install Windows 8 in the VM the
game runs fine.
 If I boot the machine into the Windows 10 HDD directly the game runs fine.
This crash occurs with both Nvidia GTX 770 and AMD Fury X.
It only crashes when in VM and Windows 10.

The BSOD is some form of exception. Examples that occur
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
The dump files seem to suggest a windows8 driver issue,
but I can't pinpoint any faulty driver.

I am running netrunner (manjaro) kernel 4.4.9, qemu 2.5.1.

My config is:
http://pastebin.com/W6cPyMEB

Sample BSOD dumps:
http://pastebin.com/bgh2uEhf
http://pastebin.com/SLPTVUwn
http://pastebin.com/zdjTzKuV
http://pastebin.com/8Lt5VfLg

Welcome any ideas to fix this problem. Thanks,

Abdulla