[virt-tools-list] virt-bootstrap proposal

Cedric Bosdonnat cbosdonnat at suse.com
Thu Mar 9 10:09:29 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Those following libvirt's mailing already saw a similar thread started there.
I have worked on a virt-bootstrap tool to make it easy to instanciate
container root file system out of docker images (and possible other sources).

You'll see a wrap up blog post explaining the workflow here:

http://bosdonnat.fr/system-container-images.html

Daniel suggested to have the virt-bootstrap code (or whatever the final name
could be) along with virt-install and virt-manager. This ultimate goal would
obviously to be able to create containers much more easily from virt-manager.

Any opinion on that?

I think this could also be turned into a GSoC project idea that I would be
mentoring.

--
Cedric