[virt-tools-list] GSoC Project

Cedric Bosdonnat cbosdonnat at suse.com
Tue May 9 11:02:30 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-05-09 at 10:12 +0100, Radostin Stoyanov wrote:
> Hi Cedric,
>
> Thank you for the feedback.
> > > I made a screen recording to demonstrate the changes:
> > > https://youtu.be/gFPLugQNzi8
>
> > > Do we really want it prepopulated with some hardcoded docker images URIs?
> > > I'm not too found of this.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Cedric
>  With skopeo a list of available images could be obtained (e.g. from repositories available on Docker Hub).
> Example: skopeo inspect docker://docker.io/debian
>
> (Assuming the user have skopeo installed) Would it be good idea to change the combo box (showed in the screen
> recording) 2 two combo boxes?

It would be better to have that abstracted by virt-bootstrap. We could have virt-bootstrap --list providing
the list of images so that virt-manager (or the user) doesn't have to care about the images sources (skopeo
may not be the only one).

> - The first used to select official repository (e.g. fedora, centos, debian, ubuntu, etc.)
> - The second used to select image. (A problem here could be that there is redundancy in the image names)
> And keep as an alternative a normal entry field which can be used to enter custom URL.

Then we could have a list of URIs for the users to pick up, but no need for 2 combo boxes.

--
Cedric