[zanata-users] two issues for approval

Sean Flanigan sflaniga at redhat.com
Tue Feb 11 01:30:50 UTC 2014

Hi Noriko,

On 2014-02-11 10:54, Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
> Hi Zanata admin team
>
> I have two issues and need your help.
>
> First one, I, on be half of Fedora Japanese team, like to request zanata
> admin team to put on hold the request of user as Translator/Reviewer of
> Japanese team. I can not identify that the user (who currently submitted
> the request) meet the requirements of Fedora contributor/translator.
> Thus we do not want this user to access and modify any Fedora related
> packages translation at this stage.

I'm not sure, but it sounds like you're talking about a particular
recent team request for 'ja'.  Such a request should have gone only to
the 'ja' coordinators, ie 'noriko' and 'htaira', not to the Zanata
admins.  (Such requests only go to the Zanata admins when a locale
doesn't have a coordinator.)

> The following is the requirement for Fedora translator. Once the
> requirements are met, we hear from this user and confirm his translation
> ability of Japanese, we are happy to welcome him.
>
> * Obtain FAS account
> * Sign 'Fedora Project Contributor Agreement' via FAS
> * Subscribe trans at lists & trans-ja at lists

For Fedora projects which are hosted in Zanata, we strongly recommend
using the Edit Project option "Would you like to restrict access to this
project to certain User roles?" and then selecting "Fedora_CLA".

This will ensure that only users who have signed the Fedora CLA (and
logged into to Zanata via FAS at least once) will be able to enter
translations against the project.

Of course, we don't have any way of knowing which mailing lists the user
has joined.  But perhaps you could link to these mailing lists (or a
Fedora translation policy page) from the Fedora projects in Zanata.

> Second, I understand that there are many other projects which are not
> Fedora, and it is not my intention to control those package translation
> access. I am afraid of any user who have not met the requirements as
> Fedora contributor/translator (all languages) to access and modify
> Fedora related package translation without consensus of the team.
> Because every Fedora translation team has their own translation and
> review process to maintain high quality.  So I need your help preventing
> this happens.

> Please notice that this user has recently requested to form different
> language team and been approved as coordinator, while this language team
> has already existed for Fedora L10N Project. I do not know if this user
> and/or Fedora coordinator are aware of this each other.

Which language teams are you talking about?  There only seems to be one
variant of Japanese on translate.zanata.org, and that's 'ja'.

Regards

Sean.

--
Sean Flanigan