[zanata-users] two issues for approval

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at redhat.com
Tue Feb 11 01:55:34 UTC 2014

(2014年02月11日 11:30), Sean Flanigan wrote:
> Hi Noriko,
>

> On 2014-02-11 10:54, Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
>> Hi Zanata admin team
>>
>> I have two issues and need your help.
>>
>> First one, I, on be half of Fedora Japanese team, like to request zanata
>> admin team to put on hold the request of user as Translator/Reviewer of
>> Japanese team. I can not identify that the user (who currently submitted
>> the request) meet the requirements of Fedora contributor/translator.
>> Thus we do not want this user to access and modify any Fedora related
>> packages translation at this stage.
> I'm not sure, but it sounds like you're talking about a particular
> recent team request for 'ja'.  Such a request should have gone only to
> the 'ja' coordinators, ie 'noriko' and 'htaira', not to the Zanata
> admins.  (Such requests only go to the Zanata admins when a locale
> doesn't have a coordinator.)

Hi Sean
Oh, ok, that is good :-)
Thank you for correcting my misunderstanding.

>> The following is the requirement for Fedora translator. Once the
>> requirements are met, we hear from this user and confirm his translation
>> ability of Japanese, we are happy to welcome him.
>>
>> * Obtain FAS account
>> * Sign 'Fedora Project Contributor Agreement' via FAS
>> * Subscribe trans at lists & trans-ja at lists
> For Fedora projects which are hosted in Zanata, we strongly recommend
> using the Edit Project option "Would you like to restrict access to this
> project to certain User roles?" and then selecting "Fedora_CLA".
>
> This will ensure that only users who have signed the Fedora CLA (and
> logged into to Zanata via FAS at least once) will be able to enter
> translations against the project.

Oh, I did not know this feature is available.
I am assuming that this can be set only by the project maintainer, right?
We may need to ask each maintainer to set this feature. Which page can I
see the description of this feature and how-to-set?

> Of course, we don't have any way of knowing which mailing lists the user
> has joined.  But perhaps you could link to these mailing lists (or a
> Fedora translation policy page) from the Fedora projects in Zanata.

Good idea.
Could you kindly guide me through how to do this?

>> Second, I understand that there are many other projects which are not
>> Fedora, and it is not my intention to control those package translation
>> access. I am afraid of any user who have not met the requirements as
>> Fedora contributor/translator (all languages) to access and modify
>> Fedora related package translation without consensus of the team.
>> Because every Fedora translation team has their own translation and
>> review process to maintain high quality.  So I need your help preventing
>> this happens.
>> Please notice that this user has recently requested to form different
>> language team and been approved as coordinator, while this language team
>> has already existed for Fedora L10N Project. I do not know if this user
>> and/or Fedora coordinator are aware of this each other.
> Which language teams are you talking about?  There only seems to be one
> variant of Japanese on translate.zanata.org, and that's 'ja'.
'cy' team.

Thanks!

noriko