[zanata-users] Disable some feature for end users

Alex Eng aeng at redhat.com
Thu Sep 24 20:14:58 UTC 2015

>    - API usage for end user. Only admins should use API. This could be
>    achive by disabling the API key generation, but I'm not sure how to do it.
>
> Zanata don't have the feature of disabling api key generation for client.
However, you can set the maximum concurrent/active request from client.
Another option (which is quite ugly) is to block the url of api access from
your web server (http://yourhost/rest/*).

>    - New project creation for end user. I work for a open source project
>    made by several modules and we are opening their internationalization to
>    the end users. Our modules are pretty standard so there is no need to allow
>    creation of new project. In fact the translation for the modules that
>    already exist (created by us) are then sync with the source code repository
>    via api-client. It is possible to disable this feature (New Project
>    creation) as well?
>
> We've implemented this feature in Zanata 3.8. Only user in
`project-creator` can create project in Zanata (Administration -> Manage
user).
If you're upgrading, all existing user will be granted with
`project-creator` role and allow them to create project.

https://github.com/zanata/zanata-server/pull/902

Alex Eng
Globalisation Tools Engineering
DID: +61 3514 8262 <callto:+61+3514+8262>
Mobile: +614 2335 3457 <callto:+614+2335+3457>

Red Hat, Asia-Pacific Pty Ltd
Level 1, 193 North Quay
Brisbane 4000
Office: +61 7 3514 8100 <callto:+61+7+3514+8100>
Fax: +61 7 3514 8199 <callto:+61+7+3514+8199>
Website: www.redhat.com