Sonar GNU/Linux merges with Vinux

Devin Prater r.d.t.prater at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 05:53:01 UTC 2017

*message
I still say that arch is the best for accessibility, as we get all the
	current stuff, and the AUR, Arch user repository, is absolutely
	wonderful, even having programs like OcrDesktop, which I’ve not
	found any distros like Fedora. I think, though, that there
	should be maybe two distros for the blind: one for absolute
	newbies, and another for more experienced users who want to get
	up and going, but still have the power to progress in learning.
	Sonar filled that second goal well: It had accessibility,
	desktops built-in, and ran on n Arch derivative. The reason it
	failed is because the distro under it, Manjaro, fell into
	disarray, bringing Sonar down with it. That’s just my $0.02¢,
	and I’ll be happy to stay with arch Linux, Emacs, Emacspeak, and
	Voxin for my usage because my gosh, that’s what works for me.
	Sure, if Emacspeak’s eSpeak support becomes better, I’ll
	definitely go with it, as it has more languages and is being
	updated, but besides all that, Debian is too outdated, Fedora
	doesn’t have the packages I want, Sonar is dead, so yeah. Arch
	is my /only/ real option, and it took plenty of time getting it
	to work. If I didn’t have the kind folken on the IRC network, I
	would still be running Fedora, or even just trudging down a road
	full of Windows emptiness.
--
Sent from Discordia using Gnus for Emacs.
Email: r.d.t.prater at gmail.com
Long days and pleasant nights!